Dundee Backpackers Hostel
High Street, Dundee, DD1 1SD, United Kingdom | T.: +44 1382 224646
Set within 5 beautifully restored period buildings, one of which dates back to the 16th century, the Dundee Backpackers Hostel is a unique hostel wich offers a selection of private rooms on Dundee’s bustling High Street.
Centrally located, the Dundee Backpackers Hostel boasts the pedestrianised centre, with numerous shops, restaurants, pubs and clubs, right on its doorstep. Within walking distance you can visit popular attractions such as the V&A Museum of Design, Discovery Point, McManus Galleries and Dundee Contemporary Arts Centre.
Each building reflects the style and character of the time in which it was built. There are feature fireplaces, plaster cornices and windows of all shapes and sizes. All of the buildings even have their own little ‘museum’ full of information and artefacts from the buildings’ history.
Dundee Backpackers Location
Friendly and relaxed hostel, full of history. The city of Dundee offers everything you need, and as Dundee Backpackers is in the city center, you can easily walk to many interesting places, in just a few minutes.
- WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
- No parking available.
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
Key card access
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
Frequently Asked Questions about Dundee Backpackers Hostel
Which popular attractions are close to Dundee Backpackers Hostel?
Nearby attractions include Discovery Point (0.3 miles), The McManus: Dundee’s Art Gallery & Museum (0.1 miles), and Desperate Dan Statue (0.02 miles).
What are some restaurants close to Dundee Backpackers Hostel?
Conveniently located restaurants include Gidi Grill, Tahini, and Rancho Pancho.
Is Dundee Backpackers Hostel located near the city centre?
Yes, it is 0.05 miles away from the centre of Dundee.
Are there any historical sites close to Dundee Backpackers Hostel?
Many travellers enjoy visiting Verdant Works (0.5 miles), Claypotts Castle (3.4 miles), and Wishart Arch (0.3 miles).
- University of Dundee – 7-minute walk
- V&A Dundee – 11-minute walk
- Minnie the Minx Statue – 1-minute walk
- Desperate Dan Statue – 1-minute walk
- City Square – 2-minute walk
- McManus Galleries and Museum – 2-minute walk
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral – 3-minute walk
- Howff Burial Ground – 5-minute walk
- Abertay University – 6-minute walk
- Dundee Contemporary Arts Centre – 6-minute walk
- Discovery Point – 0.4 mi / 0.6 km
- Dundee (DND) 12-min drive
- Dundee Tay Bridge Station 6-min walk
- Broughty Ferry Station 11-min drive
- Monifieth Station 13-min drive
Dundee Backpackers Hostel
High Street, Dundee, DD1 1SD, United Kingdom
T.: +44 1382 224646